Our mission is to Launch, Grow, and Accelerate creative businesses.
Operations & Community Development Coordinator
Link to Apply: https://www.hiringsteps.com/AppReg.html?JB=ojb&id=brwqarwfq
The Center for Creative Economy (CCE) seeks an Operations & Community Development Coordinator responsible for the smooth functioning of CCE operations. In addition to day to day logistics, the Coordinator works on strategic development of CCE’s current and future programs within the community, in collaboration with the Executive Director and staff.
CCE serves as an advocate for creative industries and entrepreneurs; those businesses and organizations that make or market products and services associated with innovation, aesthetics, design, or culture. The CCE mission is to launch, grow, and accelerate creative entrepreneurs and business owners with its programs that promote connectivity and job growth in North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad; Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and High Point. The Center is based at Flywheel, a co-working space in Winston-Salem
The ideal candidate has a passion for supporting the creative industries and desires to be part of a dynamic organization founded in 2011 that has played a key role in raising the profile of the Triad’s creative economy. Since 2016 CCE has launched 30 creative startups in its accelerator, which have produced over $1 million in revenue and over $1 million in investment. These companies maintain over 48 jobs and are growing quickly. CCE’s Swerve membership has grown steadily since its launch in 2016.
The successful candidate will be organized, detail oriented, and skilled in navigating complex projects with deliverables across multiple programs and timelines. A four year college degree is desired, and the person should be comfortable with technology and working on various digital platforms. Clear and effective writing skills are needed for grant writing and reports.
The Coordinator will assist in galvanizing creatives and strategic partners across NC to engage with CCE programs and grow the organization. The position will develop the candidate’s professional skill sets in operations, programming, research, and planning, while providing networking opportunities with the major contacts in entrepreneurship throughout NC.
The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, Margaret Collins, and assists her with strategic development, fundraising, operations, and technical process improvement. Specific duties are outlined below.
- The position will support the strategic plan of CCE. The Coordinator will provide research and development into new and existing programs, and seek opportunities to develop a sustainable organization.
- Develop the CCE programs within the community by building relationships to further the organization.
- Conduct research and development for improvements to existing program
- Identify markets for the program and solicit startups appropriate for the opportunity
- Review applications submitted
- Assist with Cohort registration and invoicing
- Assist Ex. Dir. with accelerator curriculum and course delivery including logistics for cohort
- Set up venues, catering and logistics for residential component of accelerator
- Oversee and support the technical capacity for CCE to expand Swerve into new locations in NC
- Work closely with Marketing staff to stimulate Swerve growth in new locations
- Maintain the Swerve email account and process registration of new Swerve members and renewals inputting them into Directory, and confirming membership of payment by member.
- Support the member inquiry process in conjunction with Marketing Coordinator
- Work with Marketing on web analytics related to Swerve attendance and related revenue; follow statistics on Mailchimp email campaigns, and develop methods for improvement.
- Maintain existing systems and propose new ones as needed to ensure that all CCE programs operate smoothly and efficiently.
- Database Management– Maintain databases for CCE, Swerve, creative accelerator (marketing, judges, etc.)
- Manage conversion of CCE customers, prospects, and sponsor data to a CRM by date to be agreed upon with Ex. Dir. This will include cleaning up existing data.
- Performance reports- Assist Ex. Director with reports analyzing the CCE programs. i.e. Swerve revenue including renewal rates, new member acquisition, and other indicators.
Fundraising – Organizational Goal to raise $50,000 in new contributions or grants each year
- Research potential grant opportunities and assist with grant writing.
- Assist Executive Director with funding outreach, developing documents and presentations to attract new funders.
- Input all CCE funding history into CRM when operational
- Develop reports to inform and improve CCE fundraising
- Assist Ex. Director with scheduling fundraising appointments.
- Assist Marketing Coordinator as needed with content and editing for CCE email communication and blogs
- Assist Marketing in delivering the CCE programs
- Attend meetings as CCE representative, and actively promote its programs
Relationships and Roles
- Interact and collaborate by proactively establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all CCE team and board members
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet CCE’s core values
- Oversee the current CCE internship program by maintaining the relationships with area colleges to secure at least one college intern per semester including summer.
- Assist with facilitating meetings when requested
To apply for this job please visit www.hiringsteps.com.