Website Center for Creative Economy
Marketing and Events Coordinator
The Center for Creative Economy is hiring a marketing coordinator specializing in digital content and events. The person is responsible for developing and implementing the center’s strategy for digital and print marketing to increase attendance and traction for all programs. Additional responsibility includes the coordination of speaker, venue and catering for center events.
The ideal candidate possesses digital marketing and graphic design skills, and a working knowledge of Adobe, Photoshop, and other design software. The candidate will have a strong knowledge of design, aesthetics, and a good eye for layout & graphics. Skills in shooting and editing video for web and social media are a plus. A four-year college degree is desired, and the person should be comfortable with technology on various digital platforms. Clear effective writing skills are needed for all marketing communications.
Marketing Projects Overview
* Implement marketing plans to attract attendance for center programs including Creative Accelerator, Swerve.
* Design, write marketing materials for all campaigns, both digital and print
* Maintain monthly marketing calendar for programs
* Oversee email blasts, newsletters to market center programs; draft content to promote events
* Maintain all social media accounts; design, messaging, scheduling
* Work to increase engagement of email and social media marketing campaigns
* Track results of social media; track, record KPI’s for marketing
* Track website marketing analytics
* Make recommendations for marketing ad campaigns
* Develop marketing plan to recruit new members
* Maintain center websites; updates, edits, writing new content
* Coordinate accelerator info sessions to market in North Carolina and southeast
* Plan and execute catering, event production, promotional items
* Attend all events which occur monthly in Winston-Salem as well as the annual week-long accelerator Deep Dive. In 2019 expansion will take place in two locations outside of Winston-Salem, and attendance may be requested at those.
* Write press releases, create media lists, assist Executive Director with media
* Distribute flyers for center events
Relationships and Roles
* Maintain positive working relationships with team members
* Build trust, communicate effectively, solve problems creatively
* Maintain professional relationships that meet the center’s core values
* Maintain positive contact with clients, members to ensure high levels of satisfaction
* Develop relationships with ecosystem partners in the Triad, NC, and the southeast
* Stay abreast of latest trends in online marketing
* Stay connected with community to keep social media, email marketing campaigns, and website current
* Respond to public inquiries
Center for Creative Economy is a nonprofit organization building the creative economy and creative community in Winston-Salem, the Triad, North Carolina, and the Southeast region. The mission is to Launch, Grow, and Accelerate creative entrepreneurs and business owners with its programs that promote connectivity and job growth. The Center is based at Flywheel, a co-working space in Winston-Salem.
The ideal candidate has a passion for supporting the creative industries and desires to be part of a dynamic organization founded in 2011 that has played a key role in raising the profile of the Triad’s creative economy. Since 2016 the Center for Creative Economy has launched 30 creative startups in its accelerator, which have produced over $1 million in revenue and over $1 million in investment. These companies maintain over 48 jobs and are growing quickly. Our Swerve membership has grown steadily since its launch in 2016.
The Coordinator reports to the Founding Executive Director, Margaret Collins, and assists with strategic marketing initiatives. www.CenterforCreativeEconomy.com
To apply for this job please visit www.hiringsteps.com.