Connecting and Promoting the Creative Industries in the Piedmont Triad
The Center for Creative Economy serves as an advocate for creative industries and entrepreneurs; those businesses and organizations that make or market products and services associated with innovation, aesthetics, design, or culture.
Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for innovation among creative industries promoting connectivity and job growth in North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad; Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and High Point. The Center is based at Flywheel, a coworking space in Wake Forest Innovation Quarter. There we have access to a wealth of creative innovators who are working together to grow the region and make it more competitive.
The Center brings people, ideas, and resources together to benefit a burgeoning creative sector that includes design, architecture, advertising, publishing, art, crafts, fashion, film, performing arts, TV and radio, interactive digital media, gaming, and related creative technologies.
Globally, business leaders state that “creativity is the most important leadership quality for success.” This may be an opinion, but the fact is, creative industries in N.C. create
- 336,000+ Jobs in 73 industry sectors
- $14 billion in wages, salaries, and benefits
- $22 billion in revenue
- $ 9 billion in exports.
- $119 million in government tax revenue
Creative industries are undoubtedly an important driver in our regional and state economy, but they are not always recognized; so CCE provides programs to develop creativity, connect creative industries with business, and catalyze innovation.
(Data from EMSI, Economic Modeling Specialists International through the WESTAF, Western States Arts Federation for the North Carolina Arts Council)
Why Does It Matter?
- Enterprises within the creative economy impact the success of all other economic sectors.
- Jobs in the NC creative industries grew over 13% since 2006, and are not easily off shored. They are the perfect local business to support.
- A successful creative economy attracts talent and other businesses to the area, increasing the pace of innovation, commerce and tourism.